Parmesan Couscous Salad
November 3, 2010
Posted by on
This was my lunch the other day and it was just what I was craving. Simple, tasty, and something you can do with whatever you choose. There are no measurements for this dish because it’s pretty much just a catch-all for whatever fresh produce you have on hand and want to throw in and mix up. Simple!
PARMESAN COUSCOUS SALAD:
- (1) 5.9 oz. Box Near East Parmesan Instant Couscous prepared according to package directions making sure to use the olive oil and not butter when preparing.
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon (or a whole lemon if you are a lemon lover like me)
- 1/2 seeded, peeled and diced cucumber
- 8 to 9 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- Couple tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- Handful or two of torn baby spinach leaves
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
After cooking the couscous according to the package directions, fluff with a fork and then refrigerate until cool.
Add couscous to a large bowl, add in all remaining ingredients and mix together. Serve immediately.
You can switch this up with some lime juice and fresh cilantro.
Add some vinegar in place of the lemon and top with some feta cheese.
The possibilities are endless.